Name: Rakesh Ranjan, IRSE
Design.: Sr. DSO/ER/Malda
WE ARE ON FACEBOOK,PLEASE CLICK HERE...
WE ARE ALSO ON TWITTER, CLICK HERE........
DMP PART-B-2019 :
DMP PART- A-2020:
DMP PARTB 2022
DMP PART-B 2023List of safety Seminar- 2020-21:List of Safety Drive- 2018-19
Sr. Divisional Safety Officer is in charge of Safety organization in MLDT Division, who works directly under control of DRM. He is assisted by 4 Safety Counsellors belonging to Technical departments viz Engineering, S&T, C&W , Loco and 1 Safety Counsellor (Traffic). The Safety organization works like a watchdog and monitors and coordinates the works for improvement of Safety performance.
2. In discharge of this responsibility, the organisation inculcates a sense of safety among the staffs and to monitor that the Railway equipments & materials are maintained in safe manner and are kept effective for application. The department also conducts enquiries into accident cases to ascertain the cause, and to adopt suitable preventive measures to pre-empt the recurrence.
- Safety Seminars are being regularly organized at different Depots / Stations to generate the safety awareness of the safety category staff.
- Safety Drive is being organized every month to ensure safety in train operation.
- Joint Trolley Inspections are being organized quarterly to eliminate the defects of points and crossings to prevent derailment cases.
- Joint Foot Plate Inspections are also being organized for monitoring dim signals and no light signal cases.
- Joint Yard Inspections are also being conducted to improve the health of the yard track and minimize of yard accidents.
- Counselling of Train Passing and Train running staff are being done regularly by Safety Counselors to improve their working knowledge.
- Monitoring the PME and refresher course training of Safety category staff to ensure that no PME and Refresher Course overdue staff can work in train passing duty.
- Safety campaign to educate the road users on the rules for passing unmanned level crossings to preempt level crossing accidents.
- Conduct Ambush Check with Local Police and RPF personnel to apprehend errant road vehicle drivers passing un-manned level crossing violating safety rules.
- Conduct Fact Finding Enquiry of accidents and any kind of unusual occurrences to find out the actual cause of happenings and prescribe remedial measure to preempt the similar recurrence of incidence.
- Issue Safety Circulars, Booklet, Leaflet, Safety Posters to improve the working knowledge and skill of the Safety category staff.
- Demonstrating operation of Fire Extinguishers to the front line staff in liaison with the fire expert so that they can fight fire in exigency.