ERWWO, Kanchrapara since its inception in 1964 has been constantly making endeavor for all round upliftment of Women in general and specially towards female employees and wards of Railway Employees.
The present Executive Committee Comprises
Ex-Officio President -
Treasurer - Mrs. Poonam Singh
The Organization is actively and regularly holding various occasions and activities as enumerated herewith :-
Child Education - There is one RMP (English Medium) School at KPA wherein ERWWO has sponsored one Music Teacher and one Ayah for proper care in these spheres. To promote Education ERWWO/KPA has been giving Awards to all Meritorious Students who stand 1st in their respective classes.
Economic Upliftment - To make the Women & Female Wards of Railway Employees self dependent to some extent stitching of Uniforms and garment preparation is done under the guidance of ERWWO/KPA.
Cultural Upliftment - ERWWO/KPA has recently opened a Music Academy (Dance, Instrumental & Vocal Music) at Kazi Nazrul Islam Institute / KPA for the betterment of the Wards of Railway Employees on these score.
Annual Activities - 1. On Spot Drawing & Painting Competition
2. Essay Writing Competition
3. School Day Celebration
4. Fruit & sweets Distribution to Indoor Patients
5. Family Welfare Camps
6. Cultural Programs on various auspicious occasions
7. Propagation of Scouts & Guides Movement
8. Hariyali Teej
9. Women's Day
10. Cash Awards to Meritorious Students & Lady Employees
11. Representation in the Hospital Visiting Committee
12. Health Check-up programme by ERWWO (25/11/2016)
13. Health Check-up programme at K.V.No.2 on 02/12/2016.
In addition to the above the ERWWO/KPA Unit is always on the forefront in lending their valuable and active support towards causes concerning Women.