Signal and Telecommunication
Name: SHIV PRAKASH YADAV
Designation: Sr.Divl. Signal & Telecom Engineer/Asansol
The Sr. Divl. Signal & Telecommunication Engineer, Eastern Railway, Asansol is the head of the Signal & Telecommunication Department of the Asansol Division of Eastern Railway and he is overall in-charge of day-to-day maintenance of Signal & Telecom gears and monitors program and establishment matters. He reports to the Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, Asansol and co-ordinates with other Divisional Head of Departments & Head Quarter’s S&T Officers. He is assisted by the Divisional Signal & Telecommunication Engineer(Tele), Divisional Signal & Telecom. Engineer(Sig.) and Assistant Signal & Telecom. Engineer/ Asansol/ Andal/ Madhupur.
S&T Deptt. of ASN Divn. maintains following gears:
In this division there are 56 nos. Panel interlocked stations, 10 nos. Electronic interlocked stations, 3 nos. Route relay interlocked stations.
All PI/EI stations/cabins are provided with IPS. Data Loggers are provided at all PI/EI/RRI stations/cabins. Data Loggers are networked with Divisional Control office as well as HQ Control office.
There are 158 nos. manned LC Gates , out of which 105 nos. LC Gates are interlocked ( 46 nos. in station sec and 59 nos. in block section).
There are 19 nos. cabins in Andal & Asansol Yard. 15 nos. cabins have Colour light signaling system, out of which 2 nos. are panel interlocked.
There is a mechanized Hump Yard at Andal. In this Hump yard, there are 34 nos. pneumatic point machines, 6 nos. retarders for 35 lines. This mechanized Humping yard was installed in 1966.
There is automatic signaling section in Sitarampur – Chhota-ambana section ( double line - 34.41 km.). In this section there are 7 nos. stations, 11 nos. LC Gates and 35 nos. automatic signals.
1. OFC: 554 RKM for Control communication & Emergency communication (KAN-UDL, UDL-STN, STN-JAJ, STN-CAM, JSME-BDME, JSME-DUMKA, DGHR-BANKA, UDL-SNT, UDL-TOP-BBI).
2. Quad Cable: 542 RKM for Block communication & Emergency communication (KAN-UDL, UDL-STN, STN-JAJ, STN-CAM, JSME-BDME, JSME-DUMKA, DGHR-BANKA, UDL-SNT, UDL-TOP-BBI, MDP-GRD)
3. All manned LC Gates (164 nos.) are provided with telephone from nearest station/cabin.
4. VHF Base Station: 132 Nos. for communication between Driver/Guard and Stationmaster & Emergency communication.
5. Railnet Connection: At 600 locations.
6. FOIS: At 100 locations.
7. UTS/PRS: At 49 locations.
8. TIB: At 10 Stations.
9. CIB: At 05 Stations.
10. NTES: 15 Locations.
11. IP DSLAM: 231 Locations. (ASN & UDL)
12. Electronic Exchange: 20 Numbers Total Lines: 3554.
13. Wi-Fi: 55 stations
14.CCTV: Stations - 8, PRS Counter - 9, Health Unit - 3, LC gate - 10
15. Digital platform clock : 43 stations
Source : Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed : 12-08-2022