INNOVATIONS IN 2019-20
(1)USE OF UNSERVICEABLE PRC SLEEPERS
Asansol Division is one of the pioneer in recycling of unserviceable PRC sleeper for construction of road at pathway at Panagarh using 10,000 nos of sleepers, approach road surface of LC gate no. 21 / Spl, platform surface at newly constructed Sirsa Nunthar and Dhanpatdih halts, 5 km pathway at Andal Examination UP Receiving yard , mini nursery at Asansol etc. Also, all new platform raising works are being done using these unserviceable sleepers.In this way, twin benefits of cost savings and reuse of un serviceable sleepers has been achieved during the year.
(2)CREATION OF WATER BODIES AS A REVENUE EARNING MODEL
14 nos of water bodies have been created in Asansol Division at between KHANA-ISHANCHANDI- 3 Nos., STN -1 No., ASN (DOMOHANI COLONY)-1 No., ASN LOCO TANK – 1 No., in between PAJ-MAN- 3 Nos., MOGMA -2 Nos., between MNAE-PAN-1 No., PAN-1 No., GLI-1 No. and have been let out for fish farming which is generating an approx. earning of Rs. 3 lacsfor the Division. Additional 10 Nos water bodies shall be created in the remaining months of this financial year which is expected to generate an additional earning of Rs. 2.5 lacs approx.
(3) MANUFACTURE OF AUTOMATIC LOCO SAND FILLING SYSTEM AT ELECTRIC LOCO SHED ,ASANSOL AND DIESEL SHED, ANDAL OUT OF SCRAP MATERIALS
Electric Loco Shed, Asansol and Diesel Shed, Andal have manufactured automatic sand filling machine out of unserviceable materials in Sept’19, with dual advantage of eliminating manual loading sand in locos and total cost savings of approx. 17 lacs.
(4)ANDROID BASED APPLICATION FOR RUNNING ROOM MANAGEMENT SYSTEM :
Electrical (operation), Asansol has implemented anAndroid based application named “ RunningRoom Management System (RRMS)”in August’19 for e - registration, booking of rooms, effective on line monitoring of condition of running room related parameters by administration, online grievance redressal mechanism etc.
(5)COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) INTRODUCTION AT ELECTRIC LOCO TRAINING CENTRE
ELTC/ASN has developed Computer Based Test (CBT) system in oct’19 for trainees of refreshers courses to avoided delay in result (same day). Advantages of the CBT are online Examination reduces hassles of assessing the answers given by the candidate manually, being an integrated online examination system reduces paper work, random generation of test question in increases transparency , history stored online.
(6)ANDROID BASED APPLICATION FOR RAILWAY QUARTER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM :
Division has developed an Android based App for Railway Quarter Management System in Oct’19. This App can be used for registration of complaints related to Engg., Electrical or Sanitary. By this app concerned supervisors, officers can monitor the status of variouscomplaints registered by occupants. Any occupant can lodge complain from anywhere by using smart phone. This will help in easing of complaint registration without going to IOW/Electrical/Sanitary offices.This app also has predefined standard complain types, which eliminates typing by occupants. This app minimizes complaint solution time. Administration can also monitor complain of occupants, for its analysis, better solution and anynew works requirements.
(7) GPS BASED LIGHTING AT STATION CIRCULATING AREA
Switching on / off the circulating area at ASN station lighting has been started through GPS clock timer. 4 high mast tower lights and street lights of circulating area has been connected.This has greatly reduced electrical energy consumption.
(8) SCRAP TO ART GALLERY INSIDE GARDEN INFRONT OF ASANSOL STATION
By using the scrap materials of different locomotive/coachcomponents / parts some excellent looking and eye catching models have been made by ELS/ASN, Diesel Shed/Andal & Coaching depot/Asansol. Using these models "Scrap to Art" gallery was made in front of Asansol station and inaugurated on 2.10.2019 by Shri Babul Supriyo, Hon'ble MP.
(9) MANUFACTURE OF MICA CUTTING MACHINE USING OVERAGED LATHE MACHINE
Diesel Shed, Andal have manufactured mica cutting machine using overaged lathe machine on Oct’19 thus getting better precision, eliminate human error and total cost savings of approx. Rs. 20 lacs/annum by saving manpower& Rs. 65 lacs by the cost of new machine.
(10) QR CODE BASED MOBILE APP FOR MONITORING OF MAINTENANCE OF POINT MACHINE
A QR code based mobile app has been developed in Dec’19 for monitoring of maintenance of Point Machine.This QR Code based app with QR coding of point machine has been developed to record maintenance of individual point machines at site by logging in with individual ID & Password which can be viewed on smart phone from any location.This will eliminate paper work.The main advantage of this app is that Officer/Admin can remotely monitor the maintenance records of Point machine at filed.
(11) ANDROID BASED APPLICATION FOR “RETIRING ROOM REDRESSAL SYSTEM”
Asansol Division has developed an Android Application “RETIRING ROOM REDRESSAL SYSTEM” for redressal of grievances related to Retiring Rooms and Dormitories. The App has been inaugurated by DRM, Asansol on 04.12.2019. Occupants of the Retiring Rooms/ Dormitories can lodge their grievance through this app. The mechanism for registration and redressal of grievance has been simplified as grievances can be registered in the app directly without any need to approach Station Master or any other office.
(12) LOCO MAINTENANCE SOFTWARE
Loco Maintenance Software(LMS) has been designed and implemented by UDL Diesel shed in Dec’19. Such kind of software is first of it’s kind in Indian Railways.Advantages of this sofrwate is :
·Savings in Man days-3500(Appx.) per Year ~Rs 60 Lakhs per Year(Appx.)
·Excellent analytical tool
·Customized report generation & Real time communication
·Better inventory management
(13) ASM-LC COMMUNICATION SYSTEM :
At interlocked LC gates sometimes Station Master forgets to provide information to close gate or sometimes gateman ignores the same. In both cases train looses punctuality. Currently ASM and LC gateman talk and exchange information over megneto telephone. Whether SM informed about approching train to gateman or not is not recorded. An information exchange device “ASM-LC Communication system” has been designed and developed to resolve issue. The purpose of this device has to provide audio visual indication to both ASM and gateman. All information is stored in cloud, which can be easily monitored from any location & time. Both devices are connected through Internet via GPRS technology. Whenever station master presses UP/DOWN line push button to provide information to LC's about incoming train, he’ll get same information in his device through visual indication. And same time all connected LC's will get notification about incoming train with Visual and audio indicators. After receiving information gateman will acknowledge the information by pressing acknowledge button, and visual and audio indication stops. Meanwhile ASM's unit Indicators will also extinguish after receiving acknowledgment receipt. This system was installed at Shankarpur Station in Dec’19 ( In main line section under AEN/MDP.). Approx Cost of the device is Rs. 78000.00/-.
(14) HEIGHT GAUGE PROTECTION SYSTEM :
Height gauges are erected at LC gates to prevent entering of ODC which can damage the OHE and also harm road vehicles. Height gauge protection system has been developed to detect such ODC vehicles well in advance and set off a signal to stop. It also generates the alarm and visual signals when an oversized vehicle come nearer to the height gauge and alerts the vehicle driver as well as gateman that the vehicle is oversized and can not pass the height gauge. This device was installed at LC20 on main line under AEN/MDP in Dec’19. Approx Cost of the device is Rs. 98000.00/-.
(15) GATEMAN ALERTNESS SYSTEM : Gatemans at LC gates should always be alert & attentive. Hence gate keepers are not attentive sometimes and many also sleep at night hours. The device named “Gateman Alertness System” has been developed which generates alarm at intervals (30 minutes) to alert gateman which have to be acknowledge by pushing a button by gateman. If the gateman fails to acknowledge beyond delay of 10 sec, alarm will stop and restart in 30 sec. If gate keeper pressed ackn button then ok and alarm will reset for next fix time duration. But if he again fail to press it, the device will automatically start calling respective Sectional PWI & In-charge PWI one by one and after all device will be reset itself. This system has also one more feature that any PWI or Officer can directly call to device to talk gatekeeper. This device was installed at LC20 in main line under AEN/MDP in Dec’19. Approx Cost of the device is Rs. 45000.00/-.
(16) Electrical operation department implemented “ e- lobby” wherein user can apply for leave / pass / PTO / Tools & submit with signature in“KIOSK”. The application is directly sent to OS ( office superintendent ) for checking and remarks & forward the same to CCCNL with signature. If CCCNL sanctions the leave / Pass / PTO with remark & signature then automatically SMS is sent to LP/ALP and also auto deducted from the leave particular of candidates. All such report can be easily generated. It will also help to monitor these issues online for early disposal.
(17) To scrap the requirements of valve man for valve operation and to minimize the water loss through manual valve operation, the concept of automatic valve operation system has been developed. In this system, sensor based valve are installed on each pipe going to specific railway colony and station which will be operated through app and opening/closing time of valve can also be fixed through app .Installation cost:-approx 3.5 lakh.It was Installed at Jamtara in Jan 2020.
(18) In the advent of COVID-19 and to ensure social distancing, regular classes in all Railway Schools over Asansol division have been suspended since 18.03.2020. However, to ensure that students do not suffer because of the suspension of classes and nation-wide lockdown, online classes have been started in all Schools. This is the first time when such initiative has been taken by Railway Schools. It has been largely appreciated by students, parents and teachers.
(19) Two MEMU coaches after completed there codal life were converted into India's first “Restaurant on Wheels”. By this initiative NFR earning of Rs. 7 lacs is generated per year. It has been highly appreciated by Hon’ble MR and many media houses and also attracted the attention of Railway commuters. Shri Babul Supriyo, Hon'ble MP and Hon’ble Minister of State, for Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Govt. of India inaugurated "Restaurant on Wheels" at Asansol station on 26.2.2020
GOOD WORK DONE IN 2019-20
1)Provision of 3 track side nurseries at ASN (Mega Nursery), MDP &PAN has been completed in Sept’19.
2)By using scrap materials of different locomotive/coach components / parts, excellent eye catching models have been made by ELS/ASN, Diesel Shed/Andal& Coaching depot/Asansol. Using these models "Scrap to Art" gallery was made in front of Asansol station and inaugurated on 2.10.2019 by Shri Babul Supriyo, Hon'ble MP
3)Work done by Asansol Division on 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on 2ndOct:
a.Photo gallery and Digital museum displaying the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi has been provided at Asansol station
b.Provision of Mahatma Gandhi Mural depicting DandiMarchatAsansol Station.
c.Release of Coffee table book on Mahatma Gandhi.
d.Unveiling of Bapu Chariot (MEMU train) . Inside of all 12 coaches were decorated with posters depicting life and works of Mahatma Gandhi.
e.Inauguration of 100 ft. Monumental Flag at Asansol Station
4)Commissioning of Yatri Niwas for commercial useconsisting of 6 Ac & 6 non-AC rooms at Asansol Station on 02.10.2019.
5)Division has developed an Android based App for Railway Quarter Management System. This App can be used for registration of complaints related to Engg., Electrical or Sanitary. By this app concerned supervisors, officers can monitor the status of various complaints registered by occupants. This app minimizes complaint solution time. Administration can also monitor complain of occupants, for its analysis, better solution and any new works requirements.
6)Electrical (operation), Asansol has implemented anAndroid based application named “ Running Room Management System (RRMS)” in August’19 for e - registration, booking of rooms, effective on line monitoring of condition of running room related parameters by administration, online grievance redressal mechanism etc.
7)ELTC/ASN has developed Computer BasedTest (CBT) system for trainees of refreshers courses to avoided delay in result (same day). Advantages of the CBT are online Examination reduces hassles of assessing the answers given by the candidate manually, being an integrated online examination system reduces paper work, random generation of test question in increases transparency , history stored online.
8)Electric Loco Shed, Asansol and Diesel Shed, Andal have manufactured automatic sand filling machine out of unserviceable materials thus getting a dual advantage of eliminating manual loading sand in locos and total cost savings of approx. 17 lacs.
9)Total 9 stations of Asansol Division, i.e. Asansol, Andal, Durgapur, Basukinath, Baidyanathdham, Jasidih, Madhupur, Raniganj and Deoghar have been awarded ISO 14001 as a mark of recognition of efforts towards Environment Management and over all cleanliness and for implementation of NGT directives. Passenger amenities, overall cleanliness, maintaining environment compatibility were the yardsticks of achieving the certification.
10)As a part of quality certification process, ELS/ASN has been certified with Integrated Management System (IMS) which includes (ISO 9001-2015 – Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 – Environment management system & ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health & Safety management system) in Oct’19.
11)Integrated Management System (IMS) certification comprising of ISO-9001-2015 (QMS), ISO-14001-2015 (EMS) & OHSAS 45001-2018 was awarded to MEMU Shed, Asansol in October 2019 by AQC Middle East FZE.
12)Avoiding detention of coaching trains for engine reversal at Durgapur: There was a system in vogue of detaching/attaching loco at DGR for 13417/18, 13425/26 at either end of the train for further movement. An initiative was taken for utilizing same loco on reversal basis. For this initiative, one passenger loco, one set of crew, light engine movement from ASN-DGR-ASN is saved. Punctuality loss & stoppage at UDL for caution is also avoided
13) Dr. Subhas Sarkar, Hon'ble MP Bankura inaugurated renovated Durgapur Station Building with Facade Lighting & Circulating Area, AC Premium Lounge, Heritage Wall depicting History of Durgapur Station & Botlle Crushing Machine on 30.11.2019.
14) Health Check Up Kiosk were installed at Asansol & Jasidih station. This kiosk is extremely beneficial for checking various body parameters such as condition of Kidney, Blood Pressure, Obesity, Body water Analysis, Random Blood Sugar, weight etc. at a very nominal charge of Rs. 50/100 only. Report is generated within 02 minutes. It is first of its kind on Eastern Railway
15) Software based “ e- registration , Smart Classes, Computer based Test (CBT)” has been implemented at ETC/Asansol. Leave particulars, Hostel Leave, duration at ETC, ZRTI , Examiner, Result generated at the time of sparing of trainees has been fully digitized. During training the trainee will have access to interactive smart class where he can learn the technical courses through pictures, videos, internet etc. If he face any problem he can again access the past lessons and check his progress through class test from CBT. After training, trainee gets spare letter through e- registration system. Click here for details.
16) Combined Crew Running Room, Electric Training Centre at Asansol & Hostel have been ISO certified in Nov’19. Combined Crew Running Room was awarded ISO 45001:2018, ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 and Electric Training Centre & Hostel at Asansol were awarded ISO 45001:2018, ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015
17) 13509/13510 Asansol – Gonda Express was upgraded to UTKRISHT RAKE and inaugural journey started on 03.12.2019. It was upgraded at Asansol Coaching Depot by refurbishing old coaches with provision of bio-toilets in every coach, Dual flow flushing valves, provision of PVC tap & polished wash basin, ventury for odour free toilet, Mobile charging point in all compartment, Auto Genitor, Epoxy Flooring Stainless steel and PVC Dustbin etc
18) ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 has been awarded to Combined Crew Running Room, Andal& Combined Crew Lobby, Asansol on 26.12.2019
19) 12361/12362 Asansol – CSTM (Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminius) Express was upgraded as UTKRISHT RAKE and flagged off on 19/01/2020. Upgradation was done at Asansol Coaching Depot by refurbishing old coaches. All coaches were provided with premium and better facilities to passengers.
20) During Annual Inspection, on 10th January, 2020, GM/ER inaugurated Upper Class and 2nd class waiting room at Siuri, children park at Chinpai Railway colony, Renovated Combined Crew Lobby at Andal , E-lobby, renovated and upgraded rooms at Officers Rest House (ORH) and Oxygen Park at Asansol station. Scrap to Art models provided and IGBC approved plants planted at Oxygen park located at Howrah end of PF 2 at Asansol station.
21) Renovated Station building, New PRS building, renovated First class Waiting Hall (Ladies hall separate with baby feeding room), New 2nd class waiting hall, New Toilet Complex, New Dormitory and Retiring Room at Giridih Station have been inaugurated byMP, Sri Chandra Prakash Choudhary.
22) e-Office has been launched in Asansol Division on 18.02.2020 with a total 554 users. e-Office is a mission mode project (MMP) under the national e-governance programme of Govt. of India. This will help to reduce use of paper in day to day office works.
Click here to see photos