Back to Security...
Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Security Division Howrah
- Protect and safeguard railway passengers, passenger area and railway property.
- Ensure the safety, security and boost the confidence of the traveling passenger in the Indian Railways.
- Carry on an unrelenting fight against criminals in protecting railway passengers, passenger area and railway property.
- Facilitate passengers-travel and security by removing all anti-social elements from trains, railway premises and passenger area.
- Remain vigilant to prevent trafficking in women and children and take appropriate action to rehabilitate destitute children found in Railway areas.
- Co-operate with other departments of the railways in improving the efficiency and image of the Indian railways.
- Act as a bridge between the Government railway Police/Local Police and the Railway administration.
- Adopt proactively all modern technology, best human rights, management techniques and special measures for protection of female and elderly passengers and children, in the pursuit of these objectives.
RPF Howrah Division is headed by Sri Ajay Prakash Dubey, Sr. Divl. Security Commissioner/RPF (Security Control Room No. 033-2641-4148, Twitter handle: @rpferhwh) and assisted by the following Security Commissioners & Asstt. Security Commissioners:-
Sri Ajay Prakash Dubey
Sr. Divl. Security Commissioner/HWH
Sri Surya Bansh Prasad
Asstt. Security Commissioner, HQ
Asstt. Security Commissioner, Bandel
Sri Dharmendra Kumar
Asstt. Security Commissioner, Rampurhat
Sri Ashish Kumar Pandey
Asstt. Security Commissioner, HQ/Liluah
Sri Ashim Mondal
Asstt. Security Commissioner, Bardhaman
The jurisdiction of Howrah Security division starts from Howrah Railway Station up to Gumani at KM no. 172/2, up to Khana Jn. at Km no. 120/60 which includes entire jurisdiction of DRM/Howrah.
- Route Kilometers = 870 Km
- No. of RPF Open Line Posts and Outposts = 25 Posts and 02 Outposts
Open Line Posts
Name of Post
CUG number of Post In-charges
Belur Scrap Yard
Arambag OP under Tarakeswar
Kirnahar OP under Sainthia
Source : Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 06-07-2021