Back to Personnel...
Roll Of Personnel Department
➢The Personnel Department arranges Recruitment, Training, Promotions, Transfers, Selections, Creation/surrender of Posts and Granting Retirement Benefits, etc. Disbursement of Pay and Allowances, Productivity Linked Bonus and Maintenance of Service Records and Leave Records of Non-Gazetted Staff except Security and Accounts.
➢It deals with the issues raised by recognised Unions and arranges Permanent Negotiating Machinery Meetings for settlement of Unions Grievances.
➢The department deals with the provisions of various Laws and Acts promulgated by the Government of India from time to time, such as Disciplinary & Appeal Rules and Railway Servant Service Conduct Rules, deals with court cases etc.
➢The Personnel Branch is the custodian of all Establishment Rules and Regulations. Many Welfare Activities like running of Staff Canteens, Holiday Homes, Consumer Cooperative Societies etc. are undertaken by the Personnel Branch.
Highlights of work done during April-2020 to August-2020 by the Personnel Deptt./Howrah
The following important works have been executed by the Personnel Branch of Howrah Divisionfor the period of April-20 to August-20 :
1) Total Normal Retirement during April 2020 to August-2020 was 358 nos. all have been paid PF + GIS +Leave Salary. For payment of Commutation of Pension and generation of PPO for 339 staff is under process and likely to be completed shortly, rest 19 nos. of cases are pending owing to not filling up of forms / discrepancy in documents for which concerned staff have been informed. The same are likely to be processed soon.
Total ONR 51 cases have been processed during the period of April-20 to August-20 out of which 10 have been finalized.
2) 5 nos. of CMP, 40 Nursing sister, 11 nos. of Paramedical staff have been engaged on contractual basis at Orthopeadic Hospital/HWH to combat with Covid 19. 5 nos. of Doctors have also been engaged on contract basis during this period.
3) Salary of all staff along with stipend of trainees have been paid during the lockdown period without any hinge.
4) Almost all employees of Howrah Division and their family members who have smartphones have downloaded Aarogya Setu App. The co-ordination of different department for getting fit-well report of every staff of Howrah Division throughout during this period are taken in each and every day and all type of assistance are given to them at the time of need or unwellness.
5.) Total 27356 nos. staff contributed towards PM Cares Fund amounting Rs.3,25,02,028/- from the salary of Apri1/2020.Notifiacion has been issued for further voluntary contribution in PM CARES Fund
6) All preventive measures to contain the CORONA pandemic has been taken and awareness programme to work keeping safe distance &taking protective measure has been initiated. All the staff who attended office have been distributed .hand sanitize,2 sets of masks and hand gloves . Moreover spray bottle with sodium hypochlorite solution are given regularly to all staff for disinfecting their working places.