- Protect and safeguard Railway passengers, passengers area and Railway property.
- Ensure the safety, security and boost the confidence of the traveling public in the Indian Railways.Mission-Statement
- Carry on unrelenting fight against criminals in protecting Railway passengers, passenger area and Railway property.
- Facilitate passenger-travel and security by removing all anti-social elements from trains, Railway premises and passenger area.
- Remain vigilant to prevent trafficking in women and children and take appropriate action to rehabilitate destitute children found in Railway areas.
- Co-operate with other departments of the Railways in improving the efficiency and image of the Indian Railways.
- Act as bridge between the Government Railway Police/Local Police and the Railway administration.
- Adopt proactively all modern technology, best human rights practices,management techniques and special measures for protection of female and elderly passengers and children,in the pursuit of these objectives.
Source : Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 17-12-2019