Introduction/Brief History of the Hospital :
Kanchrapara Railway Hospital was built in the year 1864 to start with as a Health Unit, located in between Kanchrapara Workshop Gate Station and Kanchrapara Railway Station which is 10 minutes walking distance from both the stations. Total area of the hospital complex is 11 acres of land including the Nelson Tank which is about 7565 Sq. meters.
The main hospital comprises of 4 (four) buildings with greeneries around. For up gradation of these buildings renovation works have been taken up by DTE duly approved by CWM/KPA. It has four nos of Health Units, two in workshop (Loco & Carriage) and others at Dangapara and Halisahar.
Administrative Head--- C.W.M./E.Rly./KPA.
Cadre controls by CWM/KPA, DRM/SDAH & CPO/KKK as per categories concerned.
Medical In charge is Chief Medical Superintendent/KPA Railway Hospital.