RPF/ER RESCUED CHILDREN, INJURED PERSONS AND RECOVERED LEFT BEHIND LUGGAGE OF THE PASSENGERS
Kolkata, February 27, 2021:
Railway Protection Force (RPF)/Eastern Railway plays proactive role to provide all-out security to the rail users ranging from rescuing teenage boys and girls, arresting touts, recovering narcotics and left behind bags. They have also made commendable works to extend guidance and assistance to the rail users besides their task of ensuring security to the passengers. Some of the recent incidents where RPF/ER made its fullest efforts are detailed as under:-
RESCUE OF CHILDREN
1) on 23.2.2021, on receipt of information from Security Control Room, Howrah, on-duty train escort party of RPF Post/Howrah central rescued a minor boy in coach No. D-3 of 02388 Dn. Bikaner-Howrah Superfast Express Special and brought him to Howrah railway station. It could be learnt that he ran away from home as he was scolded by his parents. Later on, he was handed over to Child Line, Howrah on proper documentation.
2) on 23.2.2021, officers and staff of RPF Post, Howrah (North), rescued a teenage girl while she was found loitering at Howrah railway station. on being asked, she disclosed her identity. She was handed over Child Line, Howrah on proper documentation.
RESCUE OF INJURED PERSONS
1) on 22.2.2021, officers and staff of RPF Post/Howrah (North) rescued a sick person in train No. 37360 Dn Arambag-Howrah local at Howrah railway station. Necessary assistance were rendered and he was shifted to General Hospital, Howrah for treatment.
2) on 23.2.2021, on receipt of information, officers and staff of RPF Post, Bamungachi and GRP, Belur rescued an injured person at Liluah railway station. Necessary assistance were rendered and he was shifted to Liluah Railway Hospital for treatment wherein he was provided first-aid and referred to State General Hospital.
LEFT BEHIND LUGGAGE
1) on 23.2.2021, on receipt of information, officers and staff of RPF Post, Kahalgaon, recovered left behind bag containing two (2) mobile phones and cash of Rs. 5,594/- (total value Rs. 19,000/-) in train No. 03409 Up Malda Town-Kiul Intercity Special on its arrival at Kiul station. Later on, recovered bag was handed over to its owner on proper documentation.
RECOVERY OF FOREIGN LIQUOR
1) on 23.2.2021, Officers and staff of the RPF/Bhagalpur, recovered an unclaimed plastic bag containing ten (10) bottles of foreign liquor, valued Rs. 6,300/- in train No. 03449 Poreyahat-Bhagalpur DMU Passenger at Bhagalpur railway station. Later on, the recovered liquor was handed over to Excise Department of Bhagalpur for further course of action.