IR OPENED NEW FREIGHT SERVICES PORTAL AS onE STOP SOLUTION FOR FREIGHT RELATED QUERIES & INFORMATION
Kolkata, October 22, 2020:
Indian Railways opened a new freight services portal as one stop solution for freight related queries and other information. The portal contains facilities like booking of freight and parcel consignments, information about loading and unloading locations, tracking facilities of the consignments booked. The portal also contains details of nodal officers of different Zones & Divisions for freight related queries.
Besides, the portal also provides information about scheduled movement of cargo over Indian Railways network, live tracking and monitoring of movement of cargo over GIS, details of different schemes available to make transport more economical, online gateway for investing in Indian Railways for owning private freight terminal and investing in wagons for guaranteed availability and other benefits.
Among other features, the portal also has the link to the “Rail Madad” which provides instant help for the train related complaints and queries.
The features packed in this new portal in a nutshell are:
1. FNR -- 11 digit unique number like PNR to trace consignment.
2. Booking procedures, Rate slabs, Freight calculator etc.
3. How to transport large shipments and smaller parcels.
4. Facilities at stations, loading and unloading locations, CRTs, PFTs
5. Partners of IR --- List of aggregators, Truckers, Warehouses and Labour Goods Shed wise and their numbers.
6. Track and trace facility.
7. FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
8. Link with Rail Madad through Contact Us Menu
All these are available in the link: https://www.fois.indianrail.gov.in/RailSAHAY/index.jsp