FREIGHT TRAFFIC HIGHLIGHTS OF BUDGET 2003-04
1. No increase in freight rates of any commodity.
2. Highest class lowered from 300 to 250.
3. Certain groups of commodities derived from the same base material in different forms i.e. powders; pellets have been assigned a single uniform class for each group.
4. Graded concession given for short distance traffic up to 100 km.
Distance slab % age of relief
Up to 50 kms 50% of the normal rate
Up to 51 -75 kms 25% of the normal rate
Up to 76-90 kms 10% of the normal rate
91 kms and above Nil
5. ?To-Pay' surcharge on normal freight has been reduced from 10% to 5% in case of all commodities other than coal. For coal the surcharge has been reduced from 15% to 10%
6. All commodities has been assigned a 'trainload class'
7. Freight rates for certain commodities such as iron and steel, pig iron, cement etc have been reduced.
8. Benefit of trainload rate for 'two-point' block rakes for the entire distance on end-to-end basis.
9. Incentive scheme for Premier Customers generating freight earning in excess of Rs. 25 crore per annum for commodities classified at class 135 and above.
10.Train load facility relaxation can be given in the certain circumstances on written authority of COM/CPTM for indents at such stations which are notified as full rate dealing stations.
11.Clubbing of consignments in a B.G 8-wheeler wagon up to 12 consignments is allowed
on payment of Rs. 100 for every additional Railway Receipt (RR).
12. Rationalisation of demurrage rule - Now at a flat rate
Revised Charges per 8 wheeler by B.G wagon
Rs. 60/-First 24hrs.
Rs.120/-Beyond 48 hrs.
13. Siding holders have been given the benefit of charging freight on through distance basis provided they develop their sidings which facilitates direct entry and exit of trains without being with at the serving station, dispensing with the levy of siding/shunting charges provided no extra shunting is required.
14. Reduced staff cost if the siding holders opt for operation on Engine-on-load (EOL) basis.
Leasing of SLR
The Scheme is applicable to leasing of Front SLR (Luggage Van) of Passenger train viz Ordinary/Mail/Express Super Fast /Shatabdi & Rajdhani Express trains.
? The minimum space to be leased out should be one compartment of SLR i.e. 4 tonnes.
? Space is leased out for carrying Parcel traffic from the originating station to the destination station only by open tender by the respective divisions.
? SLR on day to day or short term basis may be leased out on first come first serve basis, in case SLR could not be leased out through tender procedure.
? The maximum period of day to day leasing should not be more than four months or till the finalisation of tender which ever is earlier.
? Leasing agreement is done for a maximum of two/three years on case to case basis & on merit.
For more details, please contact CCM's office, Eastern Railway, 3,Koilaghat Street, Kolkata - 700 001 Leasing of VPs
The procedure for leasing of VPs & terms and condition will be the same as for "Leasing of SLR" Scheme.
VPs to be leased out only on Round trip basis
. One way VP leasing is not permissible.
For more details, please contact CCM's office, Eastern Railway, 3,Koilaghat Street, Kolkata - 700 001